Focus Scripture:

I Corinthians 6:19:20: "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, who you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."


Monday, May 16, 2011

Intro

On October 26, 2010 I dragged myself to the doctor for a check-up and (yuck) blood work. Everything seemed to be going okay, until I was about to leave and the doctor called me back into her office. I was then told I was borderline for Type 2 Diabetes. This was on top of my high blood pressure and high cholesterol which I was on medicine for already. To top this off, my triglyceride level was off the charts high and kidney issues that involved an increased creatine level that I already was aware of.

I weighed 260 and, yes, I knew I needed to lose some weight but was very scared when I heard of this new information about the diabetes and that this all put me at severe risk for heart attack and stroke.

On that day, I started my journey to change my lifestyle and become healthier. I could only do this with God's power. I gave up soda- to which I was addicted to- as well as Gatorade. Just these alone were hard enough- but I also gave up most bread, starches including potatoes, all fried foods, and limited the amount of red meat I ate. I began exercising- which is something I had been neglecting for a long time.

Today, almost 7 months later- I have lowered all of my blood work stats- my creatine is down which is a true blessing and have improvement in my kidney functions. My blood pressure and cholesterol medicines have been reduced to very low levels and I am anticipating being taken off those in the next year or so and my triglycerides are down quite a bit as well. The best thing is- I have lost 46 pounds and weigh in at 214.

I have a long way to go yet to reach my goal of 180, but I am doing it and so can you.

This blog is to show that you don't need a trainer, expensive gym memberships, P90X, Weight Watchers, weight loss supplements, and any of these gimmicks that you hear about on TV and in magazines and radio.

With God and a little hard work, you too can achieve great results. I hope this blog as it gets started will help you get motivated to begin a healthier you!



Plugging into God's word and prayer and doing daily devotions has majorly improved my health and helped me fight through the guilt of destroying my body for years and taught me to love and see myself through the eyes of my Heavenly Father!

I will in the future be sharing more details of my journey and how I have gotten this far. I will be posting fitness tips and healthy recipes that I have come to cook and enjoy.

Thanks for reading and I hope that you enjoy this. Let me know what you think and how I can help you. I will answer any of your questions to help you in your fitness goals and in your spiritual walk. If you need prayer I'll be happy to do that with you as well .
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment