Focus Scripture:

I Corinthians 6:19:20: "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, who you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."


Monday, May 16, 2011

Robbyn's Intro

This is Robbyn. I appreciate Bobby sharing some of his story on our blog we decided to create. Exactly a week after Bobby visited his doctor, I too had to go in for my regular check-up. I always hated these for many reasons- I was born with a condition known as Turner's Syndrome so I have been plagued with health and weight issues my whole life. I am on hormone replacement, thyroid medicine, have sleep apnea, high blood pressure, and borderline cholesterol levels. After hearing what the doctor had told Bobby, I was thoroughly dreading the visit. I had heard from 4 doctors before that I needed to lose some weight since I am so short due to the Turner's Syndrome and that overall I needed to watch my health, so I knew I was going to get more of the same this time too. And I did. My cholesterol was still borderline, but I was, like Bobby, told that my triglyceride levels were far too high and I really needed to start worrying about my overall health. I know for both of us, it was a big slap in the face. We knew we should eat better and that we didn't do a lot of exercising, but we knew this was the time to really do something about it while we still could.
We both stopped drinking soda immediately. This was very, very hard. I know I would drink 4-5 a day without blinking. I knew the "diet" thing had never worked for me before but I knew it had to be done now. We were advised to give up all sugary drinks and cut out all sugary foods. Not just that, but try to not eat red meat and really limit the carbs and starches (and I love my potatoes!) as much as possible. I had never reallybeen a salad-eating person either so this was a big challenge for me.
Thankfully, I have had 2 partners in my journey to eat better and get healthier- God and Bobby. I have in 7 months lost almost 30 pounds. I look and feel so much better.
Yes it is hard and takes a lot of work, but it can be done.
We are both looking forward to sharing what we have done so far to help reach our fitness goals.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from all of you..
TODAY IS THE BEST TIME TO START YOUR JOURNEY TO A HEALTHIER YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog and I'm very proud of both you and Bobby. I know the road to good health is NOT an easy one,but the end results are so worth the daily struggle! Keep up the good work and I'm sure your efforts will not only help you but many others also!

    ReplyDelete